It appears that one of my e-mail addresses has made the Numero Uno suckerbait list. Here’s a selection of just some of the garbage offers that ended up in my mailbox:
- Interest too high? Find the perfect card—from “Zero Interest Cards.” Yeah, well, did you ever hear of fees?
- Uncover your ancestors and your family tree. Try it – 14 days no/cost. Give us your e-mail address so we can send you even more clickbait.
- Most Wanted summer-slim-down – ready for delivery! You, too, can experiment with your health by using expensive and untested meds.
- Final Notice: Your gift card is about to expire. Why would Chilis Bar & Grill, which I’ve never heard of, send me a gift card?
- 10-second trick makes Diabetes go away. This is from Harvard Research Dept (whatever that is), so it must be true.
- Do you want to Improvement your hearing in 1-7 days? No, but I’d love to Improvement your English!
- Cover all of your Appliances with Choice Home Warranty. Whaddaya mean you won’t reimburse me $1,000 for my bum toaster?
- You have been selected for inclusion. This is from Eddie Lopez, who sent the same e-mail twice, so he must want me real bad.
- Fabulous and wonderful in your kitchen. Why thank you: I didn’t think you knew!
- Avoid the Hassles of Home Repair. Get Your First Month Free! It’s those Choice Home Warranty (CHW) people again. In essence: Pay us and say goodbye to your money.
- When you lose something finding it fast with this! What about that quarter that fell through a hole in my pocket in 1956?
- (Wow!) Satellite photos make amazing discovery. That’s nice….
This is just a small selection of what parades through my mailbox every day, sometimes as many as several hundred in one twenty-four hour period.